IBM Business Automation Workflow product overview
IBM® Business Automation Workflow is a platform to create workflow applications to improve productivity.
- An authoring environment to create and configure the application.
- Frameworks or models for sequencing and delegating work. With Business Automation Workflow, the models can be either structured processes or unstructured cases. You can choose your model based on the pattern of your workflow and not be limited to a case or a process.
- A user experience for interacting with the application. To provide consistent user experiences, standardized workflows can be reused across the organization.
- Administrative tools for optimizing how the application runs, deploying new versions and managing security.
IBM Digital Business Automation
IBM Business Automation Workflow is part of the IBM Digital Business Automation platform, which includes various product offerings that you can use to digitize all aspects of business operations, while providing real-time insight into your business. IBM Digital Business Automation is a flexible automation platform that automates repetitive human tasks, content management, process workflows, data capture and business decisions.
- Automate high-volume, repeatable tasks to free your employees to focus on higher-value initiatives with IBM Robotic Process Automation with Automation Anywhere.
- Leverage full content lifecycle and document management capabilities to maximize the value of your enterprise content with IBM Content Foundation.
- Orchestrate or sequence the activities required to operate a business and optimize core business processes to improve your business workflows with IBM Business Automation Workflow.
- Streamline the capture, recognition and classification of business documents and extract important information with IBM Datacap.
- Capture, automate and manage business rules to help increase the agility and consistency of business decisions across your organization with IBM Operational Decision Manager.
IBM Cloud Pak for Business Automation
- Workflow. IBM Business Automation Workflow automates processes and cases for agility, visibility, and consistency across business operations.
- Decisions. IBM Operational Decision Manager (ODM) automates policies and decisions by managing thousands of business rules and enabling rapid business change.
- Content. IBM FileNet® Content Manager provides enterprise content management to enable secure access, collaboration support, content synchronization and sharing, and mobile support to engage users over all channels and devices.
- Insights. IBM Business Automation Insights provides dashboarding and data science capabilities from the events and business data collected from Cloud Pak for Business Automation services.
For more information, see IBM Cloud Pak for Business Automation.
Business Automation Insights is a platform-level component that provides visualization and insights to knowledge workers and business owners. You can use Business Automation Insights to capture the events generated by IBM Business Automation Workflow business processes and cases, aggregate them into business-relevant KPIs, and display them on meaningful dashboards for a real-time view of your business operations. Artificial intelligence (AI) potential is illustrated in the form of Jupyter notebooks examples that data scientists and developers can leverage. Designed as an open platform, Business Automation Insights can be enriched with new dashboards, new aggregates and new Machine Learning algorithms to be even more relevant to specific business domains or objectives.
For information about enabling Business Automation Insights in IBM Business Automation Workflow, see .