Frequently asked questions
To learn more about containers for IBM® Business Automation Workflow, see these frequently asked questions.
- What IBM Process Designer artifacts are supported in the container runtime environment?
- Artifacts created in the deprecated desktop Process Designer are not supported in the container runtime environment. You must convert these artifacts to supported artifacts to include them in an application installed in a container environment. In general, artifacts created in the web Process Designer are supported in the container environment. For more information, see Artifact support in traditional and container runtime environments.
- Where do I set or change the target environment?
- Although you can see which environment your project is targeted to on the Servers page in IBM Workflow Center, you set or change the target environment in the web Process Designer, on the Settings page. For a case solution, select Open in Process Designer on the case solution and then change the target environment on the Settings page of the web Process Designer.
- If I select the Traditional or Container target environment for a project I previously installed on a Traditional target environment, will I get errors?
- It depends. If your project has artifacts that are not supported in a container environment, you will see errors on the Target Environment Conversion tab in the web Process Designer and will see guidance about how to fix these errors.
- What do I need to do to prepare my projects for containers?
- Consider the suggestions in Prepare your projects for containers.
- What happens to my SCA or BPEL application written in IBM Integration Designer?
- You can't run your SCA or BPEL application written in Integration Designer in a container environment. You must keep the target environment as Traditional.
- Why can't my application be installed to the Traditional or Containers environment?
- Your application might have validation errors. You can see validation errors on the Target Environment Conversion tab in the web Process Designer. Fix all the validation errors and try again.
- What do I need to do to bring my existing projects into IBM Business Automation Studio?
- To import a project into Business Automation Studio, the project must have a target environment of Traditional or Container.
- How do I migrate my process instances to the container environment?
- You can't directly migrate running process instances and process instance data. However, you can migrate your development projects. For more information, see Migrating development projects to Cloud Pak for Automation.