Import Trading Partner Data as a File Containing Envelopes and/or Control Numbers
You can import a file that contains envelopes or control numbers from under the Deployment menu.
To import a file containing envelopes and/or control numbers:
About this task
- From the Deployment menu, select Resource Manager > Import/Export.
- On the Import/Export page, next to Import Resources, click Go!
- Type the name of the file containing the envelopes or control numbers to import, or use Browse to locate and select it by clicking Open, and click Next. If the import file contains errors, you can either select the file and click Next again to continue the import, or click Cancel to stop the import process.
- If the exported file used a resource tag, type a name and description for the new resource tag and click Next.
- Indicate whether you want to update objects that may already exist in Sterling B2B Integrator with objects from the import (the default is Yes), and click Next.
- On the TP Envelopes screen, indicate whether you want to Keep existing control numbers (the default is No, which specifies that the control numbers in the import file will be imported).
- From the lists,
select resources to import for each resource type, move the resources
to the To be imported list, and click Save when you have selected all the necessary resources.
If you select more than one resource type to import, you must repeat this step for each resource type.Note: Some resources may require you to type the passphrase (created during export) before completing the import.
- If you are importing
a file or files that contains control numbers, the TP Control Numbers
screen is displayed. Select the appropriate options and click Next.Note: The option that you selected for Keep existing control numbers on the TP Envelopes screen will be used for the control numbers as well.
To update Sterling B2B Integrator with the imported file or
files, click Finish.
This process may take several minutes, depending on the number and size of the libraries being imported.
- When the message, The system update completed successfully displays, click View Import Report to see the import report.If errors
occurred during import, next to Data which failed to Import, click Download to view the XML file containing
the names of the objects that did not import. This option displays only when the import completed with errors.
- To create a backup of the data as it existed prior to import, next to Data in SI before Import, click Download.
- In the Save As dialog box, change the default filename, backup.xml, to a unique, meaningful name for this backup, and then click Save.
- Click Return to continue.