Installing a perimeter server in a more secure network
Install a perimeter server in a more secure network in an interactive mode.
Before you begin
- Sterling B2B Integrator must be installed.
- Complete the Perimeter Server information gathering checklist.
- If you are using a Windows operating system, you must close all open Windows programs.
Copy the .jar installation files from the installation media to a
directory on your server.
Note: If you are using FTP to copy the file, make sure that your session is set to binary mode.
Run the following command:
- For Windows: Run Command Prompt as an administrator and then run the following
\<path_to_java>\java -jar \<install_dir>\packages\<ps_filename>.jar –interactive
- For Unix/Linux:
/<path_to_java>/java -jar /<install_dir>/packages/<ps_filename>.jar –interactive
- For Windows: Run Command Prompt as an administrator and then run the following command.
Enter the full path of the installation directory and press Enter.
If there is an existing installation in the directory you specify, you can update it by using the same settings. Enter yes for the installation to proceed without more entries.
- Enter yes to confirm that the installation
directory is correct.
The program verifies the amount of available disk space.
Answer the question: Is this server in a less secure network than the integration
Answer the question: Will this server need to operate on specific network
Enter yes to select from a list network interfaces available.
- Enter the TCP/IP address or DNS name that the integration server listens on for the connection from this perimeter server.
- Enter yes to confirm the TCP/IP address or DNS name.
- Enter the port that the integration server listens on for the connection from this server. The port number must be higher than 1024.
- Enter the local port number that the perimeter server uses
for the connection to the integration server.
The port number must be higher than 1024. Specify a port of zero for the operating system to select any unused port.
- Enter yes to confirm the port number.
After the installation is complete, the following messages are displayed:
Installation of Perimeter Service is finished
To start this Perimeter Server change to the install directory and run the startup script.
You will also need to configure this server in your integration server (SI) UI.