Check In a Web Resource
A Web resource can come from many different sources, but before it can be used by Sterling B2B Integrator, you must check in the Web resource.
About this task
After you check in a Web resource, search for it and check it out of Sterling B2B Integrator to manage the versions of the Web resource.
To check in a Web resource:
- From the Deployment menu, select Web Extensions > Web Resources. The Web Resources page opens.
- On the Web Resources page, under Check In Web Resource, next to Check In new Web Resource File, click Go!.
- On The Select Resource page, select the web resource file name in the Web Resource File Name field.
- Enter a description in the Description field
to help you identify this version of the Web resource.
The comments you type in this field are used to establish a version for each resource. Ensure that the comments are descriptive to help you maintain version control. For example, if you are checking in a Web resource for which no previous version exists, you could type Version 1 as the description. When you check in subsequent versions of this Web resource, you can type Version 2 and so on.
- Click Next.
- On The Naming page, next to Resource Name,
enter a name that will identify the Web resource in Sterling B2B Integrator.
If the name of the Web resource you are checking in already exists in the database, you are prompted to type a new name for the Web resource.
- Select the appropriate Resource Type and
Sterling B2B Integrator provides the initial type choice based on the file extension of the Web resource you are checking in. You can change the type by selecting a different type from the list. Only one resource type can be associated with a resource name.
- On The Confirm page, review the changes and perform one
of the following tasks:
- To modify the Web resource check in options, click Back.
- To abandon the Web resource check in options, click Cancel.
- To save the Web resource check in options, click Finish.