Applying a Fix Pack to Sterling B2B Integrator
Update Sterling B2B Integrator clustered or non-clustered installation with a fix pack.
Before you begin
- Ensure that a supported version of the IBM® JDK is
installed. For more information, see Java
Requirements.Important: Using an incorrect JDK can cause installation failure.Remember: You must install the IBM JDK on the system in a location other than the Sterling B2B Integrator installation directory. The required JDK version is provided with the Sterling B2B Integrator V6.0.1 or later media. You can use the JDK provided or install the JDK from any other relevant source. Ensure that the JDK version is the same or greater than the one provided with the Sterling B2B Integrator V6.0.1 or later media.
- Download the latest fix pack image from IBM Fix Central or IBM Passport Advantage.
- Extract the package
Media_IM_<fixpackversion>.zipto a folder and locate:
Common_Repo.zip. Extract this further to get the
b2bifixrepofolder that contains the
- Locate the IM which is already installed (used for base or earlier Sterling B2B Integrator version installations) and open Installation Manager to extract IM_<operating system>.zip.
- For Linux servers, set the
ulimit -n 4096
ulimit -u 16000
About this task
You must also ensure that the recycle
bin is cleaned up before applying the fix pack. Use the Oracle
purge command to
remove the recycle bin objects. Refer to the Oracle documentation to know how to use the
To install a Fix Pack:
- Verify that the Sterling B2B Integrator database is up and ready to accept connections.
Based on whether you are stopping a single node or all the nodes (cluster), do one of the
- To stop a single node, go to the \<install_dir>\install\bin (Windows) or /<install_dir>/install/bin (UNIX or Linux) directory, open a command prompt and enter the StopWindowsService.cmd (Windows) or ./hardstop.sh (UNIX or Linux) command. Wait until the perimeter server of the node is completely down before installing the fix pack.
- To stop the cluster, open the Sterling B2B Integrator user interface
(dashboard), and complete the following tasks:
- From the Administration menu, select Operations > System > Troubleshooting.
- Click Stop the System.
Perform a full backup of the Sterling B2B Integrator installation directory,
including all sub directories.
Important: If for some reason the update is interrupted or stopped midway, you must manually revert the changes by using the backed up files, and then restart fix pack installation.
- Perform a back up of the database.
- If you edited any property files, ensure that the associated properties.in files have the most current changes. Property files are overwritten with the contents of the associated properties.in files during the fix pack installation.
- Is the database password encrypted? If Yes, decrypt the password.
- Close all command prompt windows.
Open a command prompt and do one of the following tasks to start the Installation
Go to the IM_<operating_system> directory and type
./userinst or userinst.exe (Windows) for the following
- If you do not have the IBM Installation Manager installed and are using the IBM Installation Manager Agent.
- If you have a 64-bit IBM Installation Manager installed.
- If you have the IBM Installation Manager installed on a platform that has only one download available for IBM Installation Manager.
- Go to <installation directory>/Installation Manager/eclipse (for Windows system, replace / with \) and type ./IBMIM or IBMIM.exe (Windows), if you have 32-bit IBM Installation Manager installed on a Linux or Windows system.
- Go to the IM_<operating_system> directory and type ./userinst or userinst.exe (Windows) for the following scenarios:
On the IBM Installation Manager home page, click File > Preferences > Add
Tip: By default, the IBM Installation Manager will attempt to connect to the internet. If the server does not have internet access, this behavior can be modified by disabling the Search service repositories during installation and updates option in Preferences while adding the repository.
Click Browse and select the updated
repository.config file in the b2birepo folder.
The repository file is located at
- On the IBM Installation Manager home page, click Update.
On the Update Packages page, Sterling B2B
Integrator and Global Mailbox options are displayed. Select
Sterling B2B Integrator and select Update all packages with
recommended updates and recommended fixes and click Next.
Wait for the installer to read the updates and resolve references. You can also see information about the installed packages and installation directory on the page.
The packages to be updated are selected by default. Verify the selection, and click
If there are more than one updates in the repository, the latest update is displayed if you select the Show recommended only option. You can select the recommended repository by using the Select Recommended option.
The features and applications (Sterling B2B Integrator) that must be updated
are selected by default. Verify the selection and click Next.
To see if the current installation or update has any dependencies or prerequisites, select the Show dependencies check box.
Verify the JDK directory and click Next.
Important: The JDK specified here cannot be the jdk sub-directory in the Sterling B2B Integrator installation directory. Selecting the jdk sub-directory in the Sterling B2B Integrator installation directory might corrupt the JDK.
- Verify the JCE policy file and click Next.
- Type the system passphrase, confirm the passphrase, and click Next.
Review the summary information about the updates and click Update.
Important: You cannot install or remove any of the features listed on this page. However, if you select any feature that was not part of the original installation, an appropriate error message is displayed indicating the same.
- Notice the progress of the update and click Finish after the update completes.
Repeat the steps for other Sterling B2B Integrator nodes.
Attention: For node 2 and higher, you must update the value of
REINIT_DBto false. When
REINIT_DBis false, database updates are not applied during each fix pack. The
REINIT_DBattribute is in the \<install_dir>\install\properties\ sandbox.cfg file.
- If you stopped the Sterling B2B Integrator cluster, restart the cluster.