Sample Operating System Level Failover: Initiating Failure from Cluster Administrator
You can initiate failure from Cluster Administrator.
- From the cluster administrator, bring this resource online and wait for at least three minutes. Start Internet Explorer and specify the URL (similar to the following: http://<cluster-name>:xxxxx/ws) and verify that Sterling B2B Integrator is working correctly. Verify there are no errors in the Event viewer application log and system log.
- Go to the install_dir\install\bin directory on machine 1 and issue a hardstop command. Wait several minutes to see the status of the Cluster administrator. It should say online pending - back to online.
- Check the logs on the primary node to see if Sterling B2B Integrator is shut down on machine 1. Check the services on machine 1 (primary node) to see if they have stopped.
- Check the cluster administrator status and see if it is back to online. Go to machine 2 (secondary node) and verify that the services have started. You can also check logs to see if Sterling B2B Integrator is up and running without any errors on machine 2.
- Go to http://cluster IP:port/ws to see if you can log
in and do operations. Sterling B2B Integrator has now failed over to secondary node (node2)
- You can repeat the procedure on machine 2 (secondary node) - issue a hardstop command, and see if it fails back to machine 1 (primary node).