Creating a Subprocess
You can create a subprocess, comprising of a simple, single unit of work.
- Follow the instructions for creating a business process model, remembering that a subprocess should comprise a simple, single unit of work.
- Validate the subprocess.
- Check the process model in to Sterling B2B Integrator.
- Test the subprocess, monitoring the activity. If needed, modify the process model and repeat steps 1-4 as needed.
- Create a business process model that calls the subprocess (this is the parent business process model). The Invoke Business Process service enables you to call the subprocess from the parent process and specify the processing mode (asynchronous, synchronous, or inline).
- Validate and check in the parent business process model.
- Test the parent business process model, monitoring the activity. If needed, modify the process model and repeat this step as needed.
- Run the parent business process as needed.