Download and Install the Sterling Standards for EDI
About this task
Before you install the Sterling Standards for EDI standards database on your desktop, consider these guidelines:
- Your system administrator should download the most current standards database from the IBM® Customer Support Web site on a regular basis. After your administrator downloads the most current version of the Sterling Standards for EDI standards database to the Sterling B2B Integrator server for your installation, you can follow the instructions below to install the standards for your use with IBM Sterling B2B Integrator Map Editor.
- For the most current version of the Sterling Standards for EDI, contact IBM Customer Support.
- Be sure your desktop meets the Windows Client requirements listed in the Sterling B2B Integrator System Requirements.
- In the Sterling B2B Integrator Map Editor, the Update EDI Version feature enables you to convert to another standards version. Specifically, you can convert the delimited EDI format side of your map to the most recent standards version from the standards database, and you can save the revised version as a new map.
To download and install the Sterling Standards for EDI database:
- From the Sterling B2B Integrator Deployment menu, select Standards.
- In the Download and Install section next
to Download EDI Standards, click Go!
Note: If you need to download any other type of standards, see that documentation for the appropriate instructions. Some standards installation options will not be displayed if you do not have the license for that option installed.
- Click Save to save the executable file and then double-click the file and click Run to start the install.
- You are prompted to choose the setup language (that is,
the language in which the installation instructions will be given).
Select the setup language and click Next.
Note: The Standards installation program is available in the following languages: English, Français (France), Deutsche (Germany), Italiano (Italy), Japanese (Japan), Korean (Korea), Português (Brazil), Español (Spain), Simplified Chinese (China), and Traditional Chinese (Taiwan).
- In the Welcome window, click Next.
- In the Select Standards window, select the
standards you want to download and click Next.
Select EDI to download the Sterling Standards for EDI. Select HIPAA if you are using HIPAA. Select SWIFT if you are using SWIFTNet. If you are using another standard, such as CHIPS, select that standard (for example, CHIPS Standard).
- In the Choose Destination Location window,
select where you want to install the standards database:
- If you accept the default location, click Next.
- If you want to specify a different location, click Browse,
specify the path to the folder, click OK, and
If you specify a folder name that does not exist, Sterling B2B Integrator displays a message asking if you want to create that folder.
The download wizard installs the standards database.
- In the Setup Complete window, click Finish.