Planning the topology
Planning the topology of your Global Mailbox deployment ensures efficient use of resources to meet your business requirements.
- How many and what type of servers are required
- Logical location of the servers and components in the network
- The number of nodes of each component
- CPU and memory capacity specifically required by the components
- Shared storage access for the components
As part of your planning process, consider installing test environments so that you can learn more about the possible interactions and ramifications of various topologies. For more information, see Global Mailbox test environments.
Additionally, plan for situations that might require you to expand your deployment. Proper planning ensures systematic and orderly expansion.