Document Tracking Initialization
The Tracking Identifier (Tracking ID) uniquely identifies a business document during its life cycle in Sterling B2B Integrator. This ID is the key to constructing document relationships and history.
Once you have enabled document tracking for a business process, tracking information is carried with the document (via the tracking record, which functions like a document attachment) from that point forward.
- Verifies if document tracking is enabled.
- Searches for an existing document tracking record (one may have
been generated by a service or adapter) and configure it for the document
for the business document. If a Tracking ID:
- exists, it returns a reference to the tracking record.
- does not exist, it generates a new document tracking record and attaches it to the business document.
- Attempts to collect additional information about the document using the document Information Discovery feature.