Basic Import Utility
You can use the Basic Import Utility to quickly and easily create new trading partner identities, by importing the trading partner data into Sterling B2B Integrator.
This tool enables you to import a CSV file containing trading partner identity information from the command line. The utility converts the CSV file to XML and imports the file, and then provides the status when it has completed or when a time-out has occurred (whichever comes first).
You will need to configure the Basic Customer Import File System adapter (BasicCustomerImport_FSA) to create the appropriate adapter configuration for use with the Basic Import utility. You must specify field settings in Sterling B2B Integrator to set up how often and when the adapter checks the file collection folder for CSV files to translate to XML and import to Sterling B2B Integrator. Before you import the CSV file, you should you should compare trading partner names between the CSV file and Sterling B2B Integrator, to be sure you are not overwritten information you need.
- The basicimport.sh utility (used for UNIX), located in the install_dir/tp_import directory
- The basicimport.cmd utility (used for Windows), located in the install_dir/tp_import directory
- A map (BasicCustomerImport.map)Note: It is possible for you to change the BasicCustomerImport.map, but you are strongly cautioned not to change the right hand side of the map (the output side) that was generated from the schema. If you were to change a mandatory element to conditional, and then did not have the data present when you attempted to import the data, the import will fail.
- A translation object (BasicCustomerImport.txo) that is automatically checked in to Sterling B2B Integrator
- An instance of the File System Adapter (BasicCustomerImport_FSA)
- A predefined business process (BasicCustomerImport.bp. This business process is used by Sterling B2B Integrator to implement the Basic Import utility: BasicCustomerImport.bp. This predefined business process is initiated by the Basic Customer Import File System adapter during basic import utility processing and does not require you to modify it.
- A report of the conversion from CSV to XML and status of importing the CSV file into Sterling B2B Integrator (BasicImportReport.rpt, in XML format), located in the install_dir/tp_import directory after the Basic Import utility is run
- The XML file containing the converted CSV file (basicimport.XML), located in the install_dir/tp_import directory after the Basic Import utility is run
- A folder (install_dir/tp_import), where the files needed to use the Basic Import utility are located
- A subfolder (install_dir/tp_import/basic_customer_import_collect), where you can drop CSV files to be automatically picked up by the Basic Customer Import File System adapter
This table describes how Sterling B2B Integrator supports the Basic Import Utility:
|Functionality||Enhancements||Action You Need to Take to Implement the Basic Import Utility|
|Predefined business processes||
||Modify the Basic Customer Import map to correspond to your CSV file layout or ensure that your CSV file layout corresponds to the necessary file layout.|
|Basic Import Utility||