Creating Custom Services and Adapters
Creating custom services and adapters requires specialized programming knowledge and skills, as well as a solid understanding of the system.
- Java (J2SE) programming knowledge
- General operational and architectural knowledge of the system
- Eclipse programming experience
- Multi-threaded programming experience in Java
- Ability to write custom APIs and user exits
Before you decide that you require a custom service or adapter, review the services and adapters provided to see if any can be adapted to meet the business need.
If you find that you need a custom service or adapter, a sample service is provided to demonstrate the process and provide starting files. For more information, see Example: Creating a Service.