Specify HTTP Settings
You can specify HTTP settings as part of a transport record.
To specify HTTP settings as part of a transport record:
Specify the End-Point settings.
On the End-Point Settings page, complete the following fields and click Next:
End-Point Fields Description End Point HTTP address of the transport. It can be a URL. Required. End-Point Type Purpose of this end point. Required. Valid values are:
- Login – Address where the initial HTTP session is established.
- Request – Address to which HTTP request messages are sent.
- Response – Address to which response messages are sent.
- Error – Address to which HTTP error messages are sent.
- All Purpose – End port can be used for login, request, response, or error messages.
- Specify the Protocol settings. On the Protocol Settings page, complete the following fields and click Next:
Protocol Settings Fields Description Response Timeout (seconds) Number of seconds to wait for remote response to an outbound queue. Used for outbound sessions. Valid value is number of seconds. Zero (0) indicates wait indefinitely. Optional. Firewall Proxy IP address, port number, log in ID, and password of the remote firewall. Separate values with a comma. If used, you must specify both login ID and password. Used for outbound sessions. Optional. Firewall Connect Count (seconds) Number of seconds that Sterling B2B Integrator attempts to contact port address of the transport before timing out. Optional. Socket Timeout (seconds) Number of seconds to wait for remote response to a command. Valid value is any positive number that is optimal for your system. Zero (0) indicates wait indefinitely. Optional.
- Specify the
Security settings. On the Security page, complete the following fields and click Next:
Security Fields Description SMIME Encryption User Certificate Encryption certificate of the trading partner. The EDIINT Message service uses the certificate to encrypt messages. Optional.Note: After receiving a trusted certificate from the trading partner and checking it in, you can select the certificate from this field. SMIME Decryption Certificate (System Store) Optional. Valid values are:
SSL Whether Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) must be active. Optional. Valid values are:
Note: If Optional or Must is specified, the asset protection key must allow SSL for the appropriate protocol.
- None – SSL is not used by the transport.
- Optional – FTP handles SSL encryption appropriately if present.
- Must – Transport uses this protocol configured for SSL encryption (default).
Key Certificate Passphrase Passphrase that protects the server key certificate. Required if SSL value is anything other than None. Cipher Strength Strength of the algorithms used to encrypt data. Optional. Valid values are:
- WEAK – Required for international e-business if government regulations prohibit STRONG encryption from being exported.
- STRONG – Required if SSL value is anything other than None (default).
Key Certificate (System Store) Private key and certificate for the component. Used to encrypt and decrypt messages. Also used by the EDIINT Message service as the key for decrypting encrypted messages. Required, if SSL value is anything other than NONE.Note: After receiving a public key certificate from the trading partner and checking it in, you can select the certificate from this field. CA Certificates Certificate used to validate the certificate of the trading partner. This is the public key. Required, if the SSL value is Must or Optional.
- Specify the
Protocol Mode settings. On the Protocol Mode page, complete the following fields and click Next:
Protocol Mode Fields Description Protocol Mode Mode or method that will be used by the protocol (FTP). Required. Valid values are:
- PUT – Send data to the remote party when making an FTP connection.
- GET – Receive data from the remote party.
Document Document to be retrieved for selected protocol mode. If mode is GET, can leave the field blank. Optional if PUT is selected.Note: If you selected GET as the protocol mode, the document you specified must exist on the remote trading partner FTP server.
- Specify the
Transport Account settings. On the Transport Account page, complete the following fields and click Next:
Transport Account Fields Description User ID Unique ID associated with a transport record. Optional. Password Password that authenticates the user ID to the system. Optional. Confirm Password Password typed in the Password field. Optional.
- Click Finish to update the transport record.
- Click Return to continue.