Create a Trading Partner Profile Record
You can create a trading partner profile record from under the Administration menu.
To create a trading partner profile record:
- From the Administration Menu, select Trading Partner > Advanced > Profiles.
- Next to Create New Profile, click Go!
- Specify the
Information settings. On the Information page, complete the following fields and click Next:
Information Fields Description Name Name for the profile record to create for this trading profile. Required. Identity Unique ID that links this profile to the identity record. It must match the Name field of the identity record. Required.
- Specify the Profile Definition settings. On the Profile Definition page, complete the following fields and click Next:
Profile Fields Description Profile Type Type of profile used for data exchanged for this trading profile. Required. Valid values are:
Note: The recommended method of adding an AS2 Trading Partner is located at Trading Partner > AS2 on the Admin Console.
- EDI (Electronic Data Interchange)
- AS1 (Applicability Statement 1)
- AS2 (Applicability Statement 2)
- RN (RosettaNet)
GLN Global location number of this trading partner. Optional. Delivery Channel Unique ID that links this profile to the delivery channel record. It must match the Name field of the delivery channel record. Required. Packaging Unique ID that links this trading profile to the packaging record. It must match the Name field of the packaging record. Required. Provider Any third-party service provider name. Required.
- If you selected RN for the profile type, you get another page specific to trading partners who use RosettaNet standards. Complete and click Next to continue.
- On the Business
Processes page, complete one of the following steps and click Next:
To communicate with a trading partner, the business process must include the B2B Send, B2B Respond, or B2B Request-Response service.
- To enable the predefined business process (default) to communicate with the trading partner for the specified mode, verify that Not Applicable is selected from the appropriate message mode list or lists (Send, Respond, Request Response).
- To select a business process other than the predefined business process (default) to communicate with the trading partner for the specified mode, select the business process from the appropriate message mode list or lists (Send, Respond, Request Response).
- Click Finish to add the profile record.
- Click Return to continue.