- A character set is a set of characters (letters, numbers, and symbols such as #, $, and &) that are recognized by computer hardware and software.
- An encoding is a representation of data in a particular character set. An encoding set is a group of encodings.
For information about basic and extended encoding sets, see .http://download.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/guide/intl/encoding.doc.html
- UTF-8 (default)
- For Windows: \<install_dir>\properties
- For Unix/Linux: /<install_dir>/properties
- encodings.properties – Contains the default encoding set used in the user interface.
- encodings_large.properties – Contains all supported encoding sets.
You are not limited to the encodings in the encoding.properties file. Sterling B2B Integrator enables you to configure the encodings properties files to expand the number of encodings you can use.