Configure Archive Schedules
You can define the location of the archive data when configuring archive schedule settings. After you configure and save the archive schedule, the archive process runs automatically based on the parameters you provided.
You can still archive manually, however, you should consider the scheduled archive before running the archiving activities manually.
For more information about running archiving manually, see Archive Business Process Data ManuallyArchive Business Process Data Manually.
To configure archive settings (either the default settings or your manual settings):
- From the Administration menu, select .
In the Archive Manager page that is displayed, under Archive
Configuration, next to Configure Archive Settings, click
This message is displayed:
UI lock enabled. Lock will be released only by clicking Cancel or Finish in the wizard.
If the lock is not released or if you close the page without clicking Cancel or Finish, you must use the Lock Manager function to release the lock.
In the Configure page that is displayed, enter information in the following fields and click
Default values that business processes should remain in the system:
It indicates the lifespan of the business process to remain active in the system. Enter the values in Days and Hours fields.
Default values that trackable business process information remains in the system:
It indicates the additional time of trackable business process data, such as security information certificates and non-repudiation supporting documents, to remain active in the system.
The trackable business process data includes archive or purge-related tables in a business process and is helpful when performing the data searches. These tables are retained longer than the tables in the same process that are deleted using the default lifespan set, for example, if you enter two days for lifespan of the process and one day for the trackable business process data, then trackable business process data remains active in the system for three days.
Enter the values in Days and Hours fields.
Directory where archived data will be stored:
It indicates the directory where the archived data is stored. Enter the complete path to the archive location in the Backup Directoryfield.
Expired Business Processes should be:
It indicates if the expired business process should be archived or purged. Select the Archived radio button to archive the expired business process or the Purged radio button to purge the archived business process.
In the Business Process Definitions page that is displayed, the left-side window displays the
list of business processes that do not have the lifespan set as system default and the right-side
window is populated with business process that have the lifespan set as system default.
To apply your archive settings to a business process, select and move it to the right-hand window. If you choose to remove archive settings for a business process, move it to the left-side window. You can also filter and search for business processes by name in the left-side window.
The lifespan setting from the Configure page applies to all business processes that are set with a system default lifespan. Any processes in the right-side window will be set to the system default lifespan, and will pull the lifespan setting at indexing that is set in the Configure page. If you change the removal method (archive or purge), business processes that are not moved to the right-side window retain their previous removal method.
The business process update message is displayed:
Updating of business processes will occur in the background and may take 30 minutes or more, depending on the number of processes selected.
- Click OK.
- In the Schedule Type page that is displayed, select the checkbox next to Use 24 Hour Clock Display if you want schedule archive in a 24 hour format.
Select the archive process schedule by choosing one of the following radio buttons:
- Run based on timer - To archive or purge business process data based on the timer set (in hours and minutes).
- Run daily - To archive or purge business process data daily.
- Run based on day(s) of the week - To archive or purge business process data on specific days in a week.
- Run based on day(s) of the month - To archive or purge business process data on specific days in a month
- Click Next.
In the Schedule Settings page that is displayed, the fields are displayed depending on the
schedule type selected in Schedule Type page.
For all schedule types except Run based on timer type, you can schedule archive activity at regular intervals. To do this, select the checkbox next to Check here to select time interval and specify the start time, end time, and the interval.
To run the scheduled archive process when starts, as well as on the specified schedule, select the checkbox next to At startup. This option is not available if you select Run based on day(s) of the monthon the Schedule Type page.
- If you selected Run based on timerin the Schedule Type page, enter numeric data in the Hour(s) and Min(s) fields to set how often the process should run.
- If you selected Run daily in the Schedule Type page, enter when you want to run the process each day. Click add to specify an entry. You can enter more than one item. Click delete to remove an entry.
- If you selected Run based on day(s) of the week in the Schedule Type page, enter when you want to run the archive process each day. For each time entry, select the day from the Select Day(s) drop-down list when you want to run the process. Click add to specify an entry. You can enter more than one item. Click delete to remove an entry.
- If you selected Run based on day(s) of the month on the Schedule Type page, enter the time when you want to run the process each month. For each time entry, select the day of the month from the Select Day(s) drop-down list when you want to run the process. Select LDOM to choose the last day of the month. Click add to specify an entry. You can enter more than one item. Click delete to remove an entry.
- Click Next.
In the Schedule Exclusions (displayed if you selected Run based on timer
in the Schedule Type page) and Date Exclusions page that is displayed, depending on your selection
in the Schedule Type page, select the time and date when the archive process should not run.
Click add to specify an entry. You can enter more than one item. Click delete to remove an entry.
In the Confirm page that is displayed, review the changes you made, and perform one of the
- To change your settings, click Back.
- To abandon the changes you carried out, click Cancel.
- To save the changes you carried out, click Finish.