EBICS Client Components
EBICS Client consists of two major components: EBICS Client Graphical User Interface and EBICS Client Runtime. Both the components use mailboxes (Upload, Download, and EBClientOrderMetadata) assigned to the individual subscribers.
When a subscriber posts an EBICS request, the EBICS Client Business Process picks the posted request from the Upload and EBClientOrderMetadata mailboxes and based on the order type request, delivers the request to the EBICS Banking Server. The response received from the server is processed according to the order type and is posted to the subscriber Download mailbox.
The following diagram illustrates the components of EBICS Client.
The following sections describe the components of EBICS Client.
EBICS Client Graphical User Interface
- Profile Management
- This component enables you to configure and manage bank profiles, configure existing Sterling B2B Integrator users as EBICS Client users, and to configure file formats.
- Certificate Management
- This component is responsible for the verification of electronic signatures (ES), identification and authentication, and encryption certificates or keys of banks and users.
- User Permissions
- This component enables you to configure and manage offers and user permissions.
- Order Submission
- This component enables you to process key management orders and bank-technical upload and download orders.
- This component provides a summary view of selected orders or order-related events and allows users to sign or submit pending orders.
- System Properties
- This component provides a summary view of the system properties values. An EBICS Client admin or EBICS Client super admin can update the values if required.
EBICS Client Runtime
- Order Packaging
- This component invokes appropriate packaging handlers and ensures that the order is packaged according to the specifications. It is also responsible for order data segmentation.
- Order Unpacking
- This component is responsible for unpacking the payload received from the EBICS Banking Server. Unpacking includes providing appropriate order response to users and concatenation of order data segments in case of downloads.
- Signature Processing
- This component verifies whether the required signatures for an order are available or not. If not, the Pending tasks page on EBICS Client dashboard interface is updated with the pending order details. When an EBICS Client user with pending orders (signing or submitting) logs in to the EBICS Client dashboard interface, the Pending tasks page opens prompting the user to sign or submit the order.
- Transaction Logging
- This component is responsible for logging transaction data in to appropriate tables in the database.
- Transaction Management
- This component initiates a session to communicate with the EBICS Banking Server, manages transactions between the client and the server, and processes the responses received from the server.
- Transaction Recovery
- This component is responsible for recovering failed transactions. The number of recovery attempts depends on the value specified in the bank profile configuration. The EBICS Banking Server maintains the recovery attempts count. The server cancels the recovery after the specified number attempts.
- EBClientOrderMetadata. This is a common mailbox associated to all users.
- Download (Inbox)
- Upload (Outbox)
EBICS Client Schema
EBICS Client-related data are stored in the EBICS Client Schema tables. The EBICS Client Graphical User Interface and EBICS Client Runtime components access the tables to retrieve information about users, banks, offers, user permissions, and orders.