Manage Web ARchive (WAR) Files
After you check in the Web resources and associated each resource with a resource tag, you can generate a Web ARchive (WAR) file to deploy the resources in another environment.
Generating a WAR file enables you to:To generate a WAR file:
- Deploy Web applications easily in a test environment or in a production environment
- Deploy Web applications easily in a demilitarized zone (DMZ)
- From the Deployment menu, select Web Extensions > Utilities.
- On The Web Utilities page, under Export Web Resources, next to Generate a WAR File using system resources, click Go!
- On The Export page, next to WAR File Name: field, enter a unique name for the WAR file, including the .war file extension.
- Select the appropriate resource tag you want to include in the WAR file from the Resource Tag drop-down list.
- Select the check box next to Save generated WAR file on Server if you want to save the WAR file on the server.
- Click Next.
- On The Confirm page, verify the WAR file information and click Finish.
- On The page showing that the system update completed successfully,
complete the following actions:
- Click the document icon next to View Export Report to verify whether the WAR file generated without errors.
- Click Download next to Download (.war) file to download to your local computer.
You are now ready to deploy the downloaded WAR file in the new environment.