JavaServer Pages Standard Tag Library (JSTL) - Overview
A JavaServer Pages Standard Tag Library (JSTL) is a consolidated grouping of common JSP code samples that you can use in developing JSP Web templates. JSTL is open source and provides code for common tasks, such as look ups, parsing, date, and time formats.
By using the JSTL Standard Tag Library, you can standardize common functions.
- Reduce the complexities of developing JSP Web templates by creating standardized code to improve consistency of presentation and handling of data
- Increase efficiency in your business by standardizing code to reduce errors in Web template development
- Reduce costs and improve revenue generation by increasing speed of the Web template development process
- Streamline processing of XML messages and XSLT transformations.
Requirements For Using the JSTL
- JSP 1.2 container – Sterling B2B Integrator uses Jetty, a Java-based HTTP Server and Servlet container that processes a JSP for rendering.
- Sterling B2B Integrator with Web Extensions.
- Web application created using J2EE.