Defining Complex Syntax Rules Using XPath
You can assign complex syntax rules using XPath to steps in a business model.
- From the Tools menu, select Rule Manager.
- Click Add.
- In the Name field,
type a name that describes the rule. For example, to display the XPath Expression Builder, click the (A + B) button to the right of the Expression field.
- Display the expression type you want to perform, double-click the function to add it to the Expression field, and then type values to complete the expression type as needed.
- Display the token set attribute to complete the function of the expression type and double-click the attribute to add it to the Expression field.
- Repeat steps 1-6 until you finish defining this XPath expression and click OK.
- Repeat steps 3-7 until you finish creating rules defined by complex XPath.
You can now assign rules you have created to steps in a business process model. See Assigning Rules and Conditions in Business Process Models.