Checking In Multiple Business Process Models in the GPM
You cannot specify processing options for individual business process models when you check in more than one of them in the same check-in procedure. However, this method can be convenient when you do not need to set the options.
For details about the processing options you can set when you use the single check-in procedure, see Business Process Model Processing Options.
Before adding multiple business processes at the same time, consider that:
- Sterling B2B Integrator automatically sets each business process model you are checking in as the default version for that process model, and enables it for execution. Do not check in multiple process models if you do not want each of them to be the default processes.
- An invalid business process cannot be selected as a default business process, therefore Sterling B2B Integrator does not check in multiple process models if one or more of the models you are checking in has not been successfully validated.
- Sterling B2B Integrator applies
the system default archiving configuration already defined in Sterling B2B Integrator to each
business process, including:
- The queue setting (this allocates resources related to the order in which business processes are processed)
- Level of persistence for retaining business process data
- Length of time (days and hours) to retain archived business process data
To check multiple business process models in to Sterling B2B Integrator at the same time:
- For each business process model that you
want to check in:
- Open the file.
- Validate the process model (select
If any business process model is invalid, Source Manager prevents you from checking in multiple business processes at the same time.
- Save the process model (.bp file).
Save all of the files in the same directory on your client computer.
- In the GPM, select .
- In the Log In dialog box, type the same user ID and password that you use when logging in to Sterling B2B Integrator.
- In Source Manager, select .
- In the Directory field, specify the path to the directory from your client computer where you saved the business process models (.bp files). To do this, click ... to browse to the folder, if needed. Click on the folder name that contains the files, and click Select, without opening the folder. Then the contents of the selected folder display in the left pane for you to select in the next step.
- From the left pane, complete one of the
- To select one business process model at a time from the directory, select the .bp file, and then click the right arrow. Repeat as necessary.
- To add all the business process models from the directory at once, click the right double-arrows.
- Click OK.
You can now run your business process models in Sterling B2B Integrator. Test the business processes before running them in your production environment. For information, see Testing a Business Process Model in Sterling B2B IntegratorTesting a Business Process Model in Sterling B2B Integrator.