Phase 3: Exporting Schedules to the Production Environment
After you test a schedule, you can export a schedule to the production environment.
- Export the schedule from your test environment
and import it into your production environment.
You import and export schedules just like you import and export any other resource. You can export and import one or more schedules at the same time.
- In your production environment, verify that
the imported schedule is enabled and monitor the scheduled activity.
After the time interval for the schedule has passed, verify the outputs
for the business process, service or adapter, or report.
- If the outputs were correct and within the acceptable time parameters, the test was successful.
- If the outputs were correct, but not within the acceptable time parameters, you may need to edit the schedule.
- If there were no outputs suggesting that the schedule did not run, verify that the activity ran using the monitoring capabilities in Sterling B2B Integrator.
- In your production environment, monitor
and adjust the schedule as needed.
You may need to disable and enable schedules in your production environment if you need the output of the scheduled activity at a time outside of the normal schedule. For example, you may need to run a report for an urgent meeting when the next scheduled report run is the following day. In this case, you run the report manually to have the most current information for the meeting. In this cae, you must disable the schedule to reduce the chances of errors, run the report manually, and then re-enable the schedule so the report runs automatically again.