Updating Sterling B2B Integrator and Global Mailbox to a fix pack
The final phase of upgrading to a fix pack is upgrading Sterling B2B Integrator and Global Mailbox.
In this phase, each Sterling B2B Integrator cluster is updated separately by stopping the entire cluster. Only one cluster is stopped at a time. This ensures that the other cluster is available to accept and process files.
The load balancer automatically sends traffic to the surviving data centers. However, it is recommended that the load balancer is controlled manually. Before upgrading a data center, configure the load balancer to send the traffic to the other data center only.
On each data center, complete the following tasks:
- Soft-stop Sterling B2B Integrator on all nodes in the data center.
- Reconfigure the load balancer to divert the traffic away from this data center.
- Update the Sterling B2B Integrator and Global Mailbox applications on the initial node.
- Update the Sterling B2B Integrator and Global Mailbox applications on the additional nodes.
- Restart all servers.
- Ensure that the upgrade was successful by uploading some test files and checking whether the files were processed.
- Reconfigure the load balancer to send files to the upgraded data center.
Complete the upgrade steps on other data centers.
Note: Ensure that at least one data center is always running for uploading and processing files.