Check Out a Web Resource
After a Web resource is checked in, you can check it out of the database. Checking out a Web resource does not remove it from the database; it saves a copy of the resource from the host to your client computer.
You can choose to check out a read-only copy of the Web resource, or lock the Web resource in the database for editing.
To check out a Web resource:
- From the Deployment menu, select Web Extensions > Web Resources.
- On The Web Resources page, under Search,
next to Resource Name, enter the Web resource
name to check out and click Go!
You can also locate the Web resource by using the List option.
For more information about searching Web resources, see Search and Delete a Web Resource.
- On The Web Resource Management page, click source manager next to the Web resource you want to check out.
- On The Web Resource Source Manager page, click check out next to the Web resource you want to check out.
- When prompted with the following message, click OK to
edit the file or click Cancel to check out
a read-only copy of the file.
Click OK to lock the file for editing. During the check in process, you can release the lock. Click Cancel to check out a read-only copy of the file.
- Save the Web resource file in an appropriate location.