Using the Begin and End Transaction Services
Sterling B2B Integrator provides you with a way to form a transactional block within the business process.
The Begin Transaction and End Transaction services:
- Provide the ability to group multiple steps into a single transaction
- Provide the ability to commit or roll back all of the steps at the same time
- Reduce the labor-intensive and problematic manual recovery costs and measures.
The following constraints apply to the use of extended transactions:
- When a transaction is entered, the business process is locked to its current node. That is, it continues executing on the same engine thread during the transaction.
- The business process cannot branch after it is engaged in an extended transaction.