Setting up NTP server pool
You must set up an NTP server pool to configure time synchronization across Cassandra nodes.
To set up an NTP server pool:
- Obtain two physical machines with static IP addresses.
Complete the following tasks on each machine:
- To stop the NTPD service, type service ntpd stop.
- Open the /etc/ntp.conf file for editing.
In the ntp.conf file, add references to your higher stratum NTP
server <higher stratum server 1> iburst prefer
server <higher stratum server 2> iburst
Remove all other server references. These higher stratum servers can be public NTP servers or other servers in your organization.
- Save the ntp.conf file.
- To force an initial sync up, type ntpd -gq.
- To restart the NTPD service, type service ntpd start.
- To ensure that the service runs on start-up, type chkconfig ntpd on.