Setting Up Offline Notifications To Be Sent in E-mail
You can set up offline notifications to be sent via e-mail.
Note: Perform steps 1 to 4 prior to Sterling B2B Integrator being taken offline.
- Add the following data to the customer_overrides.properties
file using a text editor:
- bpdeadline.EmailTo= (Use this parameter to define the e-mail addresses to be notified. You can enter multiple e-mail addresses by using a comma (,) to separate them.)
- Save and close the customer_overrides.properties file.
- Stop and restart Sterling B2B Integrator in order for your customer property overrides to take effect.
- Run the following command:
- For UNIX, setupfile.sh
- For Windows, setupfiles.cmd
- After Sterling B2B Integrator is offline,
run the following command to start offline notifications:
- For UNIX, install/bin/bpDeadlineOfflineNotification.sh
- For Windows, install/bin/bpDeadlineOfflineNotification.cmd Note: Depending on the amount of time between when Sterling B2B Integrator goes offline and you run this offline notification command, you may miss a deadline notification.
- Check your e-mail to verify that you have
received any deadline notifications. Note: You may want to execute the command in step 5 again to generate another notification e-mail.Note: Since the bpdeadline.updateStatus=true in the customer_override.properties, you may not get the final notification when Sterling B2B Integrator comes back online.