Resources are files, templates, and documents that may be deployed in IBM® Sterling B2B Integrator.
Managing resources can involve:
- Export resources as .xml files or as an installation bundle. You cannot export .war files.
- Import ALL resources or import resources one at a time. You cannot use import .war files.
- Lock and unlock resources.
- Create and modify resource tags (a tag is a name that identifies a group of associated resources)
- Move resources from a test environment into a production environment.
- Import resources that you have converted from another format.
Generally, the import process replaces non-versioned resources with the new data and appends new versions of a resource to existing versioned resources, although you can choose whether to overwrite existing data as part of the import process selections. Key items to remember about importing resources:
- You must manually update imported resources that contain hard-coded, computer-specific information. For example, system paths in scripts must be manually changed to use the new path after importing resources to their new location.
- When importing large files, greater than 10 MB, use the command line tool - import.sh (UNIX) or import.cmd (Windows).
- If private key certificates are found in the import file, you will be prompted to choose if the keys should be imported. If Import All Resources is selected, any private key certificates in the import file will be automatically imported without any prompting.
- If the import resources are from a version of Sterling B2B Integrator older than what you currently have installed, you may have to manually complete the configurations for some resources.
To perform any of these tasks from the Administration Menu, select Deployment > Resource Manager.