Example: Information exchange and configuration for integration
This is an example of the information you need to exchange with the WebSphere® MQ File Transfer Edition administrator. It has a sample, existing WebSphere MQ File Transfer Edition network with which Sterling B2B Integrator will integrate. There are specific files transfers to different mailboxes in Sterling B2B Integrator and then to different locations in the WebSphere MQ File Transfer Edition network.
WebSphere MQ File Transfer Edition network
Sterling B2B Integrator is integrating with an existing WebSphere MQ File Transfer Edition network that has three agents in three cities: Dallas, Dublin, and New York City. There is a Sterling B2B Integrator instance in Chicago that must integrate with the network:
- Invoice files generated in New York must be sent to the Sterling B2B Integrator instance in Chicago. Sterling B2B Integrator must be configured to process all invoice files arriving in the /Widgets/Invoices mailbox.
- Shipping notifications generated in both Dublin and Dallas must be sent to the B2B Integrator instance in Chicago. Sterling B2B Integrator must be configured to process shipping notification files arriving in /Widgets/Shipping/Dublin and /Widgets/Shipping/Dallas mailboxes.
- Payment notifications received by the Sterling B2B Integrator instance in Chicago must be sent to New York. Sterling B2B Integrator must be configured to deposit all payment notification files into the mailbox /Widgets/Payments.
WebSphere MQ File Transfer Edition information
- Transfer requests initiated from Dublin will have a MQMD User Id of dublin_fte.
- Transfer requests initiated from Dallas will have a MQMD User Id of dallas_fte.
- Transfer requests initiated from New York will have a MQMD User Id of nyc_fte.
- Transfer requests initiated by Sterling B2B Integrator in Chicago will have an MQMD User Id of si_admin because this is the user Id of the user that installed Sterling B2B Integrator.
Sterling B2B Integrator users, mailboxes, and permissions
Based on the WebSphere MQ File Transfer Edition information, you create the following user accounts, virtual roots, and mailboxes:
|Sterling B2B Integrator User Account||Account's Virtual Root||Account's Mailbox Permissions|
WMQFTE User Map
Based on the user accounts and mailboxes, you add these entries to the WMQFTE User Map:
|MQMD User Id||Regular Expression||Local User Name||Local User Password|
|invoices||password for invoices account|
|dublin_fte||No||shipping||password for shipping account|
|dallas_fte||No||shipping||password for shipping account|
|si_admin||No||payments||password for payments account|
Information used by WebSphere MQ File Transfer Edition administrators for transfers inbound to Sterling B2B Integrator
From the Sterling B2B Integrator accounts you created, the virtual roots you assigned to these accounts and the WMQFTE User Map entries you created, the WebSphere MQ File Transfer Edition administrators in New York, Dublin and Dallas are instructed to use the following destination directories when creating transfers:
|Transfer||MQMD User Id||Maps toSterling B2B Integrator||Sterling B2B Integrator Account's Virtual Root||Absolute mailbox where files should be deposited||Destination Directory used in WMQFTE transfer request|
|Invoices from New York City||nyc_fte||invoices||/Widgets/Invoices||/Widgets/Invoices||/|
|Shipping notifications from Dallas||dallas_fte||shipping||/Widgets/Shipping||/Widgets/Shipping/Dallas||/Dallas|
|Shipping notifications from Dallas||dublin_fte||shipping||/Widgets/Shipping||/Widgets/Shipping/Dublin||/Dublin|
Information used for outbound transfers from Sterling B2B Integrator to WebSphere MQ File Transfer Edition network
To transfer payment notification files from the /Widgets/Payments mailbox in Sterling B2B Integrator to the NYC agent, you create a business process that calls the WMQFTE Create Transfer service using the appropriate source directory based on the WMQFTE User Map entry for the si_admin MQMD User Id:
|Transfer||MQMD User Id||Maps to Sterling B2B Integrator||Sterling B2B Integrator Account's Virtual Root||Absolute mailbox where files should be deposited||Destination Directory used in WMQFTE transfer request|
|Payment notifications from SI||si_admin||payments||/Widgets/Payments||/Widgets/Payments||/|