Configuring active-passive deployment
In an active-passive deployment, the Sterling B2B Integrator cluster in one of the data centers does not receive or process messages.
Ensure that Sterling B2B Integrator, Global Mailbox, and all associated and required components are installed.
In an active-passive deployment, you must disable protocol adapters in one of the Sterling B2B Integrator clusters, in a data center. For example, in a two data center setup, if you want the Sterling B2B Integrator cluster in data center 2 to remain as a warm stand by and not accept or process any messages, you must disable the following protocol adapters in the adapter container:
Important: Only administrators or other users with appropriate permissions can enable or disable adapters.
- Connect:Direct server adapter
- FTP server adapter
- HTTP server adapter
- SFTP server adapter
- Global Mailbox Event Rule adapter
Important: In an active-passive deployment, only the Sterling B2B Integrator cluster is passive. Global Mailbox nodes in stand-by data centers are active and payloads are replicated to shared disks in the passive data center. The following adapters must remain enabled in the passive data center:
- Global Mailbox Client adapter
- Global Mailbox REST Services adapter
To configure active-passive deployment:
Important: You must disable the adapters in each node separately.
- Log in to the Sterling B2B Integrator user interface.
- From the Administration Menu, select Deployment > Services > Configuration.
- Search for the required adapter, listed earlier. For example, search for FTP server adapter and click Go.
- Select the adapter container in which the adapter is configured. For example, node1AC1.
- Clear the Enabled check box to disable the adapter for all the services whose type is FTP server adapter.
- Repeat the steps for other adapters.