Considerations for upgrading from version 5.2.5.x
Upgrading from Sterling B2B Integrator version 5.2.5.x has certain impacts.
In addition to the following information, you must also see the information in Considerations for upgrading from version 5.2.6.x.
Support for SSLV3 has been removed - TLS 1.2 is the new default
Due to security concerns, Sterling B2B Integrator no longer supports the use of SSLV3. You should be aware of the following changes as you upgrade your system to this version:
- Several properties have been updated to use TLS 1.2 as the default. If your mail server cannot use TLS 1.2, you can change your SMTP and B2B Mail Client adapters to use TLS 1.0 or 1.1 instead.
- If any of your 3rd party programs do not support the use of TLS 1.2, you can change Sterling B2B Integrator to use TLS 1.0 or TLS 1.1.
- In all cases, requests to use "SSLV3" in Sterling B2B Integrator will use instead TLS 1.0, TLS1.1, or TLS1.2.
- TLS 1.2 is used as the default protocol in secure communications. This change applies to any system that is upgraded to V5.2.6.
- If your GPM, or WebSphere MQ or OFTP adapters are configured to use older, non-supported cipher suites (non-TLS 1.2), they will continue to work. However, if you edit them, only TLS 1.2 will be available to select.