Adding converted Sterling File Gateway partners to other data centers
After you convert a Sterling File Gateway partner to use Global Mailbox, you must manually add them to each data center that you want to serve their mailboxes. You cannot convert the partner in the other data centers.
- One or more Sterling File Gateway partners is converted to use the Global Mailbox in one data center.
- Converting a Sterling File Gateway partner to use Global Mailbox
- Sterling File Gateway partners can exist in the traditional mailbox system, and the elements you import and export can include both Global Mailbox and traditional mailboxes.
To add converted Sterling File Gateway partners to other data centers:
- In the first data center, export a Sterling File Gateway community and the partners that belong to the community.
- In the next data center, import the file containing the Sterling File Gateway community configurations.
Confirm the import.
The system imports the requested configuration data, creating new resources if none existed and updates existing. Global Mailbox is indicated for partners that are converted. The updated configurations are ready for use in the new data center.
- Repeat the importing steps for each data center in the system.