Enabling or Disabling a Service Configuration
When necessary for business processes, you can enable and disable service configurations.
Business processes can use enabled service configurations only. When you disable a service configuration, it is not available for business processes. For example, you may need to disable a service configuration when you are testing it before making it available for use in a business process. Or you may need to disable a service configuration when you are preparing to delete it.
- Business processes that attempt to execute a disabled service configuration will halt at that step.
- If you re-enable a service configuration that uses a schedule, you must re-enable the schedule as well.
- Adapter configurations can also be enabled and disabled using options in the Operations > System > Troubleshooter dialog box.
- From the Administration Menu, select Deployment > Services > Configuration.
- Under Search, in the Service Name field, enter the name of the configuration you want to enable or disable and click Go!
- Do one of the following:
- To enable a configuration, select its Enabled check box.
- To disable a configuration, clear its Enabled check box.