Your company receives a purchase order from a trading partner in EDI format. You need to translate the EDI file to IDoc format and send it using file-based RFC to your back-end SAP system for further processing.
- Configure EDI inbound envelopes for the purchase order. You need
to define the following information in the appropriate envelopes:
- The map used to translate the EDI file to IDoc format
- The predefined SAPInboundIDoc business process as the business process to run after the EDI to IDoc translation is complete
- Configure the SAP inbound route that contains the SAP ports and SAP client number of the SAP system that receives the IDoc. See Configuring an Inbound Route.
- Configure the SAP inbound route cross-reference entry to link the SAP inbound route and EDI inbound envelope for routing the IDoc to the appropriate SAP system. See Configuring an Inbound Cross-Reference.
- Create a business process that includes the EDI Deenvelope service for deenveloping the EDI document.
- Configure an instance of the SAP Suite adapter for JCo 3.x that uses file-based IDoc RFC (see Example SAP Suite adapter for JCo 3.x Configuration).
- Update the predefined SAPinbDelivery business process with the appropriate values for sending the IDoc to the SAP system. See SAP Inbound Delivery (SAPinbDelivery.bp) for the required updates.
- Create an FTP login authentication file required by the FTP server and place the file in the directory where Sterling B2B Integrator is installed. See Creating an SAP Suite adapter for JCo 3.x Configuration.
Example SAP Suite adapter for JCo 3.x Configuration
Business Solution Example Business Processes
<EDI_DATA_INCOMING> <PATHNAME>/sapmnt/I02/directory/orders.dat</PATHNAME> <PORT>EDIPORT</PORT> </EDI_DATA_INCOMING>
represents the SAP Remote Function Call (RFC) that started. The
are the input parameters that were passed into the SAP RFC.
Basic Status of Success and Advanced Status of None in
the Business Process Modeler indicate that the SAP Suite adapter for
JCo 3.x ran the RFC successfully and that the SAP system has verified
EDI_DC header segment of the IDoc.
Running the Business Solution Example
- Run a business process that includes the EDI Envelope service and input the EDI file.
- Verify the results in the Business Process Monitor.