myFileGateway 2.0 help
Partners can send and retrieve files from the myFileGateway 2.0 application. To log in to myFileGateway 2.0, a valid user account is required. This user account is created when a Route Provisioner is onboarded for the partner. You must complete some post-installation steps to access the myFileGateway 2.0 application.
Partner tasks in myFileGateway 2.0
- Upload or download multiple files.
- Search for routes that they participated in.
- View recent activity and status for file transfers that they participated in.
- Change their password.
- Subscribe to notifications.
Accessing myFileGateway 2.0
The myFileGateway 2.0 application is available from the 6.0.1 version. The root user must complete some post-installation steps to enable the myFileGateway 2.0 application. For more information about the post-installation steps, see Enabling myFileGateway 2.0. To access the myFileGateway 2.0 application, see Accessing myFileGateway 2.0.The myFileGateway application is also available in the 6.0.1 version. However, no post-installation steps are required to access the myFileGateway application. For more information, see Accessing myFileGateway.
Platforms and Web Browsers supported
- AIX 7.2
- Red Hat Linux 7.2, 7.4, 7.6
- Windows 2012, 2016
- SUSE Linux 15
- PowerLE Red Hat Linux - 7.5
- Mozilla Firefox - versions 38, 41, and 45
- Mozilla Firefox ESR - versions 31 and 38
- Google Chrome - latest release and future fix packs
Limitations in myFileGateway 2.0
- If Global Mailbox is enabled for partners, the myFileGateway 2.0 application does not support Global Mailbox as the storage. It supports only DB and File System.
- SSP with SEAS authentication is not supported.
- Replaying of multiple routes and redelivering of multiple files is not supported.
- Arabic language and Hijri calendar are not supported.