Creating an IBM Cloud API key
Use this information to create an IBM® Cloud API key that your deployed integration can use to authenticate to your IBM App Connect on IBM Cloud instance, in order to access the cloud-managed connectors and accounts that were referenced in the exported flow.
You can create an IBM Cloud API key by using IBM Cloud Identity and Access Management (IAM), as in the following steps:
- Ensure that you are logged in to the same IBM Cloud account as the App Connect on IBM Cloud instance that your deployed integration will need to communicate with.
- Create an API key as follows:
API keyspage (URL: https://cloud.ibm.com/iam/apikeys). to open the
- Ensure that My IBM Cloud API keys is selected in the View list.
- Click Create an IBM Cloud API key, and then specify a name and description.
- Click Create.
- Click Download to download the API key to a file named
apiKey.json in your browser’s default location for later use.
- In a subsequent task, you’ll create a configuration object to store this API key, and then configure the deployed integration to use that configuration to authenticate to the App Connect on IBM Cloud instance.
- You can create a single IBM Cloud API key per App Connect instance, and then use that API key to create a different
secret for each BAR file that you deploy as an integration server.
Alternatively, you can create multiple IBM Cloud API keys per App Connect instance, and then use any of those keys to create secrets for your exported BAR files. If you decide to delete an IBM Cloud API key, be aware that API calls from all deployed integration servers that use that key, will fail.