server.conf.yaml type to create
configurations that use the server.conf.yaml file to configure the operation of
the integration server or integration runtime and its associated resources.
Summary of key details for the configuration type
|File name or type||Contains secrets||Path extracted/imported to||Maximum allowed per integration server or integration runtime|
About the server.conf.yaml file
server.conf.yaml type requires a server.conf.yaml file
that the integration server or integration runtime will use.
The file is placed in the overrides directory for the running server, so any default values that are set for the integration server or integration runtime container will be overridden by the values that are set in this file. The server.conf.yaml file contents are identical to the contents of the file used in IBM® App Connect Enterprise software and there is no enforced limit on what properties can be set.
Only one server.conf.yaml file can be specified per integration server or integration runtime.
You can obtain a copy of the server.conf.yaml configuration file from the /home/aceuser/ace-server directory in the pod, or from the local directory installDir/server/sample/configuration where IBM App Connect Enterprise Toolkit is installed; for example, on Windows: C:\Program Files\IBM\ACE\220.127.116.11\server\sample\configuration. A sample file is provided in the attached ZIP archive for reference: server.conf.zip.
For more information about how to modify the server.conf.yaml file, see Configuring an integration server by modifying the server.conf.yaml file.
Creating a configuration for the server.conf.yaml type by using the configuration panel
You can create a
server.conf.yaml-type configuration while creating an integration server or integration runtime, or independently, as follows:
- From the Configuration page (accessed by clicking the Configuration icon ), or the Configuration view of an integration server or integration runtime that you are creating, click Create configuration. For more information about this page or view, see Managing configuration objects from the Configuration page.
- From the
Create configurationpanel, select server.conf.yaml from the Type list.
- In the Name field, specify a name for this configuration.
- In the Description field, specify text that will help you identify the
integration server or integration runtime that will use this
- Complete the server.conf.yaml section by completing either of the
- Copy the contents of your modified server.conf.yaml file and then paste it
into the server.conf.yaml text editor.
- Import your modified server.conf.yaml file from your file system:
- Click the Import serverconf file icon .
- Click within the boxed area to select the file from a file browser, or drag-and-drop the file.
The content of the server.conf.yaml file is displayed.
- Copy the contents of your modified server.conf.yaml file and then paste it into the server.conf.yaml text editor.
- Click Create. The configuration is added to the configurations table and can be selected for use with an integration server or integration runtime.
Updating or deleting a configuration
If you need to update the content or settings in a configuration, or delete a configuration that's no longer required, see Managing configuration objects from the Configuration page.