How-to guides for apps
You can use App Connect Designer to connect apps by configuration and data mapping without a need for coding, and can achieve a return on your investment in minutes/hours, not days/months.
Generally, connecting apps in App Connect Designer uses the same straightforward exercise of creating an event-driven flow or creating flows for an API, as described in the general guide How to connect apps; general use of App Connect Designer.
Some apps have special prerequisites, considerations, or example use cases; for these apps we are developing app-specific 'How-to' guides.
We'll be using this page to collect a growing set of 'How-to' guides.
For a list of the apps available in IBM® App Connect Designer, and links to available "How-to" guides, see below.
This documentation provides content about the apps available in IBM App Connect on IBM Cloud. However this page lists the availability of all apps on IBM Cloud and in container environments, in case you are interested in an app that is only available in a container environment. For apps that are only available in a container environment, this page provides links to the documentation for the container environment.
For each app, like Salesforce, a connector1 is used to establish a connection between IBM App Connect and the app and to run operations in the app.
- Some connectors are available only in IBM App Connect on IBM Cloud (as cloud-managed connectors).
- Some connectors are available only in containerized environments (such as IBM Cloud Pak for Integration), as local connectors.
You can also use cloud-managed connectors in Continuous Delivery (CD) releases (for 184.108.40.206-r1 or earlier Designer instances) and Extended Update Support (EUS) releases in containerized environments.2
In the table that follows, the availability of a connector is indicated with the following icons:
- A cloud-managed connector in IBM App Connect on IBM Cloud® 3
- A local connector in IBM App Connect in containers (Continuous Delivery release)
Read more: Supported components for IBM App Connect in containers (Continuous Delivery)
- A local connector in IBM App Connect in containers (Extended Update Support release)
Read more: Supported components for IBM App Connect in containers (Extended Update Support)
- A local connector in IBM App Connect in containers (Long Term Support release)
Read more: Supported components for IBM App Connect in containers (Long Term Support)