How to use IBM App Connect with WordPress
WordPress is web publishing software that can be used to create a website or a blog.
- Cloud-managed connector
- App Connect Enterprise as a Service connector
- Local connector in containers (Continuous Delivery release) 22.214.171.124-r5 or later
Connecting to WordPress
Complete the connection fields that you see in the App Connect Designer Catalog page or flow editor. If necessary, work with your WordPress administrator to obtain these values.
WordPress connection fields:
|Authorization method||Connection field||Description||Applicability|
|BASIC OAUTH||Access token||Create an application in the WordPress developer site to
create a client ID. An access token is generated from the client ID and redirect URI.
Tip: For more information about generating an access token, see OAuth2 Authentication on the WordPress documentation page.
|App Connect in containers|
|OAUTH 2.0 AUTH CODE||
Tip: Authorize connection to WordPress by signing in to your account.
|App Connect Enterprise as a Service|
To connect to a WordPress endpoint from the App Connect Designer Catalog page for the first time, expand WordPress, then click Connect. For more information about ways to connect to WordPress, see Managing accounts in App Connect.
Before you use the account that is created in App Connect in a flow, rename the account to something meaningful that helps you to identify it. To rename the account on the Catalog page, select the account, open its options menu (⋮), then click Rename Account.
Before you use App Connect Designer with WordPress, take note of the following considerations:
- (General consideration) You can see lists of the trigger events and
actions that are available on the Catalog page of the App Connect Designer.
For some applications, the events and actions in the catalog depend on the environment (IBM® Cloud Pak for Integration or App Connect on IBM Cloud) and whether the connector supports configurable events and dynamic discovery of actions. If the application supports configurable events, you see a Show more configurable events link under the events list. If the application supports dynamic discovery of actions, you see a Show more link under the actions list.
- (General consideration) If you are using multiple accounts for an application, the set of fields that is displayed when you select an action for that application can vary for different accounts. In the flow editor, some applications always provide a curated set of static fields for an action. Other applications use dynamic discovery to retrieve the set of fields that are configured on the instance that you are connected to. For example, if you have two accounts for two instances of an application, the first account might use settings that are ready for immediate use. However, the second account might be configured with extra custom fields.
Events and actions
These events are for changes in this application that trigger a flow to start performing the actions in the flow.
These are actions on this application that you want a flow to complete.
- Retrieve top-commented authors for site
- Retrieve recommended blogs
- Create category
- Retrieve categories
- Create comment
- Retrieve comments
- Retrieve feed details
- Retrieve followed feeds
- Follow blog
- Unfollow blog
- Following blogs posts
- Retrieve following blog posts
- Like comment
- Like comment
- Unlike comment
- Retrieve likes for comment
- Like post
- Like post
- Unlike post
- Retrieve likes for post
- Liked blog posts
- Retrieve liked blog posts
- Retrieve media
- Create post
- Retrieve posts
- Post stats
- Retrieve most commented posts for site
- Post views
- Retrieve view stats for post
- Referrer details
- Retrieve referrers for site
- Retrieve sites
- Site country views
- Retrieve views by country for site
- Site followers
- Retrieve followers for site
- Site publicize followers
- Retrieve publicize follower count for site
- Site stats
- Retrieve stats for site
- Site stats summary
- Retrieve stats summary for site
- Site tag views
- Retrieve views by tags and categories for site
- Site top authors
- Retrieve top authors for site
- Site top posts
- Retrieve top posts for site
- Create tag
- Retrieve tags
- Tag details
- Subscribe to tag
- Retrieve subscribed tags
- Unsubscribe from tag
- Retrieve subscribed status for tag
- Trending tags
- Retrieve trending tags
- Retrieve users