How to use IBM App Connect with SurveyMonkey
SurveyMonkey is an online survey platform that allows you to create surveys, share them in different ways, and set up lists of recipients.
- Cloud-managed connector
- Local connector in containers (Continuous Delivery release) 188.8.131.52-r1 or later
- Local connector in containers (Extended User Support release)
- Local connector in containers (Long Term Support release)
Connecting to SurveyMonkey
Complete the connection fields that you see in the App Connect Designer Catalog page or flow editor. If necessary, work with your SurveyMonkey administrator to obtain these values.
- Authorization method
- Select the authorization method that you want to use, then click
- Use the application's website to sign in (OAUTH 2.0 AUTH CODE) - (Applicable for App Connect on IBM Cloud and App Connect in containers)
- Provide credentials for App Connect to use (BASIC OAUTH) - (Applicable for App Connect on IBM Cloud)
Then specify values in the connection fields for your chosen authorization method:
Table 1. Connection fields for your chosen authorization method. Descriptions of the fields are given after this table Use the application's website to sign in (OAUTH 2.0 AUTH CODE) Provide credentials for App Connect to use (BASIC OAUTH) Username Access token Password
- The user name used to log in to SurveyMonkey.
- Required: True
- The password for the specified user name.
- Required: True
- Access token
- Create an application in the SurveyMonkey developer console
to generate an access token. You will find the access token in your app settings.
- Required: True
To connect to SurveyMonkey from the App Connect Designer Catalog page for the first time, under SurveyMonkey click Connect. This creates an account in App Connect. For more information about ways to connect to SurveyMonkey, see Managing accounts in App Connect.
- If you are already logged in to SurveyMonkey in the same browser window as App Connect on IBM Cloud®, App Connect connects to that SurveyMonkey account without prompting you for the email address and password. To connect to a different SurveyMonkey account, log out from SurveyMonkey first.
- If you don't have an SurveyMonkey account, you can create one to try SurveyMonkey for free.
Before you use the account that is created in App Connect in a flow, rename the account to something meaningful that helps you to identify it. To rename the account on the Catalog page, select the account, open its options menu (⋮), then click Rename Account.
Before you use App Connect Designer with SurveyMonkey, take note of the following considerations:
- (General consideration) You can see lists of the trigger events and
actions that are available on the Catalog page of the App Connect Designer.
For some applications, the events and actions in the catalog depend on the environment (IBM Cloud Pak for Integration or App Connect on IBM Cloud) and whether the connector supports configurable events and dynamic discovery of actions. If the application supports configurable events, you see a Show more configurable events link under the events list. If the application supports dynamic discovery of actions, you see a Show more link under the actions list.
- (General consideration) If you are using multiple accounts for an application, the set of fields that is displayed when you select an action for that application can vary for different accounts. In the flow editor, some applications always provide a curated set of static fields for an action. Other applications use dynamic discovery to retrieve the set of fields that are configured on the instance that you are connected to. For example, if you have two accounts for two instances of an application, the first account might use settings that are ready for immediate use. However, the second account might be configured with extra custom fields.
- If you want to add the 'Create collector' action to your flow, you must have an existing survey in SurveyMonkey so that App Connect can create a collector for it; you'll need to specify the name of the survey in App Connect.
- If you want to add the 'Create contact' action to your flow, you must have an existing contact list in SurveyMonkey for App Connect to add the contact to; you'll need to specify the name of the contact list in App Connect.
- If you want to add the 'Create recipient' action to your flow, you must have an existing survey and collector in SurveyMonkey so that App Connect can use the collector to send the survey to the new recipient; you'll need to specify the names of the survey and collector in App Connect.
Events and actions
These events are for changes in this application that trigger a flow to start performing the actions in the flow.
- New response
These are actions on this application that you want a flow to complete.
- Create collector
- Retrieve collectors
- Update collector
- Delete collector
- Contact lists
- Create contact list
- Retrieve contact lists
- Update contact list
- Delete contact list
- Create contact
- Retrieve contacts
- Update contact
- Delete contact
- Retrieve errors
- Create message
- Retrieve messages
- Update message
- Delete message
- Retrieve pages
- Retrieve questions
- Create recipient
- Retrieve recipients
- Delete recipient
- Retrieve responses
- Retrieve surveys