How to use IBM App Connect with MailChimp
- Cloud-managed connector
- App Connect Enterprise as a Service connector
- Local connector in containers (Continuous Delivery release) 184.108.40.206-r5 or later
Connecting to MailChimp
To connect App Connect to an MailChimp account that you want App Connect to use, you need the following connection details:
MailChimp connection fields:
|Authorization method||Connection field||Description||Applicability|
|BASIC OAUTH||Access token||The OAuth 2.0 Access Token for authentication.
Tip: For more information about generating an access token, see Access Data on Behalf of Other Users with OAuth 2 on the MailChimp developer page.
|App Connect in containers|
|API version||The API Version of MailChimp REST APIs. The default
|OAUTH 2.0 AUTH CODE||
Tip: Authorize connection to MailChimp by signing in to your account.
|App Connect Enterprise as a Service|
To connect to MailChimp from the App Connect Designer Catalog page for the first time, under MailChimp click Connect. This creates an account in App Connect. For more information about ways to connect to MailChimp, see Managing accounts in App Connect.
- If you don't have an MailChimp account, you can create one to try MailChimp for free.
Before you use the account that is created in App Connect in a flow, rename the account to something meaningful that helps you to identify it. To rename the account on the Catalog page, select the account, open its options menu (⋮), then click Rename Account.
What should I consider first?
Before you use App Connect Designer with MailChimp, take note of the following considerations:
- (General consideration) You can see lists of the trigger events and
actions that are available on the Catalog page of the App Connect Designer.
For some applications, the events and actions in the catalog depend on the environment (IBM Cloud Pak for Integration or App Connect on IBM Cloud) and whether the connector supports configurable events and dynamic discovery of actions. If the application supports configurable events, you see a Show more configurable events link under the events list. If the application supports dynamic discovery of actions, you see a Show more link under the actions list.
- (General consideration) If you are using multiple accounts for an application, the set of fields that is displayed when you select an action for that application can vary for different accounts. In the flow editor, some applications always provide a curated set of static fields for an action. Other applications use dynamic discovery to retrieve the set of fields that are configured on the instance that you are connected to. For example, if you have two accounts for two instances of an application, the first account might use settings that are ready for immediate use. However, the second account might be configured with extra custom fields.
- Before you add some of the MailChimp events or actions to your flow, make sure you have the
- If you choose the 'New Member' event to trigger your flow, you must specify the name of an existing MailChimp list; that's the list that App Connect will monitor for new members.
- If you add the 'Add member to list' action to your flow, you must have set up already a list in MailChimp so that App Connect can add a member to that list.
- If you add the 'Create campaign' action to your flow, you must have an existing list of members for App Connect to send your campaign to.
Events and actions
These events are for changes in this application that trigger a flow to start performing the actions in the flow.
- New campaign
- List members
- New subscriber
- Subscriber lists
- New list
- New message
These are actions on this application that you want a flow to complete.
- Campaign folders
- Create campaign folder
- Retrieve campaign folders
- Delete campaign folders
- Campaign reports
- Retrieve campaign reports
- Create campaign
- Retrieve campaigns
- Create file
- Retrieve files
- Create folder
- Retrieve folders
- Delete folder
- Interest categories
- Create interest category
- Retrieve interest categories
- Create interest
- Retrieve interests
- Create list
- Retrieve lists
- Delete list
- Add subscriber to a list
- Retrieve members
- Recipient reports
- Retrieve campaign recipient reports
- Retrieve segments
Use templates to quickly create flows for MailChimp
Learn how to use App Connect templates to quickly create flows that perform actions on MailChimp; for example, open the Templates gallery then search for mailchimp.
Creating an event-driven flow that adds attendees for an Eventbrite event to a MailChimp mailing list
Learn how easy it is to use App Connect to connect Eventbrite to MailChimp so that every time someone signs up to your event in Eventbrite, the attendee is added automatically to a mailing list in MailChimp.
Adding a MailChimp subscriber when a new message is added to Slack
Learn how easy it is to use App Connect to connect Slack to MailChimp so that every time a new Slack message is added, a new member is added automatically to a mailing list in MailChimp.
Adding attendees for an Eventbrite event as Insightly leads and MailChimp list subscribers
Learn how to use App Connect Designer to create an event-driven flow that creates an Insightly lead when someone registers for an event in Eventbrite and additionally subscribes the attendee to a MailChimp campaign list.