How to use IBM App Connect with Dropbox
- Cloud-managed connector
- Local connector in containers (Continuous Delivery release) 18.104.22.168-r1 or later
- Local connector in containers (Extended User Support release)
- Local connector in containers (Long Term Support release)
Connecting to Dropbox
For the considerations and steps you need to connect App Connect on IBM® Cloud to a Dropbox account, see Connecting to Dropbox from App Connect on IBM Cloud.
General considerations for using Dropbox in App Connect
Before you use the account that is created in App Connect in a flow, rename the account to something meaningful that helps you to identify it. To rename the account on the Catalog page, select the account, open its options menu (⋮), then click Rename Account.
- (General consideration) You can see lists of the trigger events and
actions that are available on the Catalog page of the App Connect Designer.
For some applications, the events and actions in the catalog depend on the environment (IBM Cloud Pak for Integration or App Connect on IBM Cloud) and whether the connector supports configurable events and dynamic discovery of actions. If the application supports configurable events, you see a Show more configurable events link under the events list. If the application supports dynamic discovery of actions, you see a Show more link under the actions list.
- (General consideration) If you are using multiple accounts for an application, the set of fields that is displayed when you select an action for that application can vary for different accounts. In the flow editor, some applications always provide a curated set of static fields for an action. Other applications use dynamic discovery to retrieve the set of fields that are configured on the instance that you are connected to. For example, if you have two accounts for two instances of an application, the first account might use settings that are ready for immediate use. However, the second account might be configured with extra custom fields.
Events and actions
These events are for changes in this application that trigger a flow to start performing the actions in the flow.
These are actions on this application that you want a flow to complete.
- Retrieve all files
- Download file content
- Retrieve all folders
- Paper docs
- Retrieve all Paper docs
More items are available when you have connected App Connect to Dropbox.