What's new in Version 11.0?
Learn about the main new functions in IBM® App Connect Enterprise Version 11.0.
IBM App Connect Enterprise is a compatible evolution of IBM Integration Bus and IBM App Connect, and provides a universal integration capability that addresses a wide range of integration scenarios.
For information about the new features added in the IBM App Connect Enterprise Version 11.0 fix packs, see New function added in Version 11.0 fix packs.
Simplicity and productivity
- Flexible administrative control over integration servers and resources
IBM Integration Bus provided an integration node component as the central point of administrative control over a set of owned integration servers. IBM App Connect Enterprise Version 11.0 provides support for integration servers that can be created and run independently from an integration node, so you can deploy your applications to an integration server quickly and easily, without the need to create and configure an integration node.
For information about configuring, starting, or stopping an integration server, see Configuring an integration server by modifying the server.conf.yaml file and Starting an integration server.
- Simplified process for deploying message flows and resources to integration servers
The process for deploying message flows and resources to an integration server has been simplified, so you can get your applications deployed and running quickly and efficiently.
- Simplified web user interface
- An enhanced, simplified web user interface is provided in IBM App Connect Enterprise, which you can use to carry
out the following tasks:
- Start, stop, and manage deployed resources.
- Collect and view resource statistics for your integration servers.
- Create, retrieve, update, and delete operational policies.
For more information, see IBM App Connect Enterprise web user interface.
- Streamlined choice of editions and modes of operation
- A simplified structure of editions and corresponding operation
modes enables you to quickly identify the option that satisfies your
For more information, see Choosing your IBM App Connect Enterprise edition and operation mode.
Control access to the IBM App Connect Enterprise integration server by using either HTTP basic authentication or by using the HTTPS protocol.
For more information, see Administration security.
Dynamic and intelligent
- Policies replacing configurable services
IBM Integration Bus provided configurable services to define properties that are related to external services with which the product can communicate. This information is now defined in a policy document. Policy documents can be deployed to IBM App Connect Enterprise as part of a BAR file. Policies can also be placed on the file system in a particular runtime environment to provide environment-specific overrides, enabling you to control the behavior of message flow nodes in message flows, without the need to redeploy your resources. A Policy editor is provided to create and configure policies.
For more information, see Policies overview.