Accessing the installer
Download and extract the installation image for App Connect for Manufacturing from Passport Advantage® website.
Before you begin
Complete the following tasks:
- Install App Connect Standard and the Toolkit. For more information, see Installing and uninstalling IBM App Connect Enterprise.
- Read the latest information; see Gathering the required information.
- If you are accessing the package by using the Passport Advantage website, ensure that you are registered with Passport Advantage.
- Before you select your installer, check which version of App Connect for Manufacturing you are licensed to install.
You can access the installer for App Connect for Manufacturing from a shared drive and access the shared resource from multiple computers. You can also install from installation images that you can obtain from Passport Advantage website.
About this task
The supported operating systems and installers for App Connect for Manufacturing are shown in the following table.
|Operating system||Package name||Installation script|
To use the installer from the Passport Advantage website, complete the following steps:
- Log in to the Passport Advantage website: Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express®.
- Download the images that you require from the Passport Advantage website.
- Extract the contents of the images to a location of your choice. For example:
Note: If restrictions on some operating systems are reached, the depth of directory structure and the directory names might cause a problem. For example, the limit of 256 characters on Windows might be exceeded.
The installation images are downloaded.
You can now install IBM App Connect for Manufacturing; see Installing IBM App Connect for Manufacturing.