IBM App Connect for Healthcare Version 126.96.36.199
This documentation provides information for IBM® App Connect for Healthcare Version 5.0.
Intended use of IBM App Connect for Healthcare
The following text is taken from the license for IBM App Connect for Healthcare.
IBM App Connect for Healthcare (the Program) is capable of transferring, storing and converting data related to medical devices (e.g., for polling and telemetry). Notwithstanding the foregoing, IBM is acting as an information technology provider only. IBM does not purport to be engaged in the practice of medicine or any other professional clinical or licensed activity, and the Program including all components and future updates, is not designed or intended to constitute (i) a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or judgment, (ii) a drug development tool subject to quality system requirements, or (iii) a medical device as defined under the laws of any jurisdiction. As between IBM and Licensee, Licensee is solely responsible for complying with all such laws and regulations relative to Licensee’s use of the Program.
- Use to control or operate any bedside medical device for diagnostic, clinical, therapeutic or treatment purposes (for example, but without limitation, the administration of medication, anaesthetics, saline solutions and the like), including via any direct connection of the Program to any medical device, including but not limited to any point of care device.
- Use for active patient monitoring (i.e., where the Program is used to enable prompt clinical action).
- Use for decision support (i.e., where the Program is used as the basis to determine patient-specific treatment or clinical action).
- Use in any active monitoring that depends on the timeliness of data transmission.
- Use for the transmission of any medical data or medical images unless Licensee has first encrypted or codified the data or images so that they are transmitted as metadata.
About IBM App Connect for Healthcare
IBM App Connect for Healthcare builds on IBM App Connect Enterprise to provide support for applications in healthcare. For more information about the features of IBM App Connect for Healthcare, see Introduction to IBM App Connect for Healthcare.
Use the following links to find information about how to use the features that are available in IBM App Connect for Healthcare.
- Developing integration solutions
- Developing healthcare integration solutions by using the patterns supplied in IBM App Connect for Healthcare
- Integrating with HL7 applications
- Integrating with applications that use FHIR resources
- Using data from DICOM images in message flows
- Auditing data from message flows
- Analyzing healthcare data in message flows
Finding out about IBM App Connect Enterprise
Use the following links to get introductory information about IBM App Connect Enterprise: