Activating your API Manager user account
Before you can access the API Manager user interface, you must activate the user account that your Cloud Manager administrator invited you to join.
The operator of the Cloud Manager invited you to join IBM® API Connect .
Before you begin
- Complete the following steps to create your API
- If the Identity Provider uses LDAP
- An invitation email is sent. Click the link in the email to log in directly with your user credentials. No password is required.
- If the Identity Provider uses a local registry
- An invitation email and an activation email are sent. In the activation
email, click the link or paste it in a browser. The activation link
takes you to a page where you enter your first name, last name and
password. The username is the email address. Passwords must have a
minimum of 8 characters and contain characters from at least three
of the four following categories:
- Uppercase letters
- Lowercase letters
- Special characters (for example: ! # $ %)
- If the Identity Provider uses an authentication URL
- An invitation email and an activation email are sent. In the activation email, click the link or paste it in a browser. The activation link takes you to a page where you enter your credentials, which then become your username and password.
Click Sign up.
Your API Connect home page is displayed.
You have created your IBM API Connect account.
What to do next
- To access the API Manager UI in subsequent sessions, enter the URL
where host is the fully qualified host name or IP address of the Management server.
- If your Management server is part of a cluster, you can use the fully qualified host name or IP address of any Management server in the cluster. However, doing this causes high load on that server so it is best practice to use the Management cluster host name that resolves to a load balancer that spreads users across all of the Management servers. For more information, see Load balancing in IBM API Connect.
- Depending on your role, you can now start to create Catalogs, Developer organizations, APIs and Products.