Upgrading Developer Portal from 2018 to v10
Upgrade the Developer Portal by installing the latest v10 with the 2018 configuration and restoring the subsystem from backups.
About this task
You will verify your configuration, create an ISO, deploy the v10 OVA file into the VM, and restore your Developer Portal data from backup.
You do not have to specify configuration settings because the Portal configuration is defined in the 2018 project directory, which you will continue to use for v10. However, you must review the backups settings.
- Obtain IBM® API Connect <version> Developer Portal for VMware from Fix Central, as described in Upgrading v2018 subsystems to v10.
- Use the version 10 release of
apicupto map your 2018 configuration settings from
apiconnect-up.ymlto the v10 configuration file
apicup subsys get <subsystem_name>
- Review the output from the command, and ensure backup settings from 2018 have been set or migrated to the configuration for version 10. See Configuring backup settings for the Developer Portal subsystem.
- If your 2018 deployment included an extra-values-file, you must first convert the
format of the file for v10. For example, if you had an extra-values-file to support multiple
Portal endpoints, review the new format in the version 10 documentation. See Defining multiple portal endpoints for a VMware environment.
Note: If your subsystem name on 2018 was greater than 63 characters, and you did not manually shorten it prior to upgrading, the upgrade shortened it automatically. To view the new subsystem name:
apicup subsys list
For more information, see Automatic shortening of subsystem names with greater than 63 characters
- Update the license value by running the following command:
apicup licenses accept <License_ID>
License_ID> is specific to the API Connect program pame that you purchased. To view the supported license IDs, see API Connect licenses.
Create your ISO file.
apicup subsys install port --out portplan-out
--outparameter and value are required. In this example, the ISO file is created in the myProject/portplan-out directory.
- Deploy the file into the VM. See Deploying the Developer Portal subsystem OVA file.
- Verify the deployment: See Verifying deployment of the Developer Portal subsystem.
- Restore Portal using the backup taken on 2018. See Restoring the Developer Portal subsystem.
- Confirm the restore has completed successfully:
apicup subsys health-check <portal_subsystem_name>When no problems are detected, the health-check commands returns silently with a
0return code.Important: If the health check command states that a reboot is required, you must ensure that all Portal sites have been upgraded first before performing the reboot. To check that the Portal sites have upgraded, inspect the
statevalues for each site. The sites should all be in
INSTALLEDstate, and have
platformequal to the new platform that you can identify with
platforms:list. Note that there will be two platforms present in the list while the site upgrades are happening. There should be only one
platformafter they have completed. To check that the Portal sites were upgraded:
- Obtain the portal service id and
apic portal-services:get -o admin -s <management_server_endpoint> \ --availability-zone availability-zone-default <portal-service-name> \ --output - --format json
- List the
apic --mode portaladmin sites:list -s <management_server_endpoint> \ --portal_service_name <portal_service_name_from_above_command> \ --format json
Any sites currently upgrading will be listed as
UPGRADING. Once all sites have finished upgrading they should have the
INSTALLEDstatus and the new platform version listed.
See also: apic sites:list and Using the
- After all sites are in
INSTALLEDstate and have the new platform listed, run:
apic --mode portaladmin platforms:list -s <management_server_endpoint> \ --portal_service_name <portal_service_name_from_above_command> \ --format json
The new version of the platform should be the only platform listed.
See also: apic platforms:list and Using the
If an error is encountered, see Upgrade Limitations.
- Obtain the portal service id and endpoint:
- Return to Upgrading v2018 subsystems to v10.