Tutorial: Creating the Developer Portal
About this taskIn this tutorial, you are going to complete the following lessons:
Enabling the Developer Portal through the API Manager
By proceeding with the following steps, you create an administrator account:
- Log in to the API Manager
- Click Manage, then click Add, and select Create catalog.
- Select the owner from the
Select userlist, then enter a
Titlefor your catalog, for example Production.
- Click Create, then click
- Click your new catalog, for example
- Click Catalog settings.
- Click Gateway Services. If the message
You currently don't have any gateway servicesis displayed, click Edit, select gateway_service, then click Save.
- Click Portal.
- Click Create.
- Select a portal service to use. Click Create.
After a few minutes, you receive an email with a link to your Developer Portal site for that catalog. The link is a single use only link for the administrator account.
- Click the email link. Click Sign in.
- Change the password. Click Submit.
The portal site for the Production catalog is now active. The admin account cannot create applications or subscriptions. You must create a new account to complete those tasks.
What you did in this tutorial
- Enabled a Developer Portal site and created an administrator account.
What to do next