Configuring search indexes and servers
You can configure search indexes and servers in the Developer Portal by using the Search API module.
Before you begin
You must have administrator access to complete this task.
About this task
The search results page is a view in the Developer Portal, and so it can also be configured. For more information, see Configuring the search results view in the Developer Portal.
To configure the default database server and content index settings, complete the following steps.
- Log in to the Developer Portal as an administrator.
- If the administrator dashboard is not displayed, click Manage to display it.
- Click in the administrator dashboard.
To configure the server settings, click Edit against the Database Server
and make the required changes. For example:
- Server name; the displayed name for the server.
- Description; a description of the server.
- CONFIGURE DATABASE BACKEND; the minimum number of characters a word must consist of to be indexed, and whether to search on parts of a word. However, wildcard searching can make searches on large sites very slow.
- AUTOCOMPLETE SETTINGS; how suggestions are computed when autocompletion is used.
To configure the index settings, click Edit against the Default content
index and make the required changes. For example:
- Index name; the displayed name for the index.
- Data sources; the data sources of the items to be stored in the index.
- CONFIGURE THE DATASOURCE; for each data source, set which bundles of content should be indexed, and in which languages.
- Server; the server that the index should use.
- Description; a description for the index.
- INDEX OPTIONS; whether the index is read only, whether to index new or updated items immediately, and setting how many items to index when indexing items during a cron run.
When your changes are complete, click Save.
The View page of the updated default database server or default content index is displayed.